I feel so tired! Why am I exhausted, and what can I do about it?
There are so many of us who can relate to feeling fatigued much of the time, and there are so many reasons for this. Some are simple and easily remedied. Others are complicated.
Fatigue may be the result of a medical issue such as chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, thyroid problems, sleep apnea, anemia, an imbalance in your electrolytes such as potassium or sodium, and other illnesses. A doctor’s visit and a blood test can tell you if any of these are in play. Depression, anxiety and panic disorders can also sap your energy.
More commonly, your lack of energy is due to stress, not enough sleep, lack of exercise, or poor diet. These are easily remedied with exercise or this special juice and smoothie recipe that will boost your energy naturally without added sugar or caffeine!
Rather than reaching for yet another cup of coffee, or that snack from the vending machine, or even that energy drink or bar, try a healthier and amazingly effective alternative – a fresh smoothie or juice.
What Fruits & Veggies Deliver the Most Energy!
Dr. Oz suggests coconut water and watermelon for extra energy. Watermelon promotes a better flow of blood and the widening of blood vessels. It’s also a great source of energy-boosting magnesium. Coconut water hydrates the body so well and promotes blood flow, reduces blood pressure, and provides important electrolytes.
Other foods with proven high-energy nutrients are spinach, blueberries, bananas, avocado and ground flax seeds.
Best Energy Boost Smoothie Recipes
- 1 or 2 cups of Coconut Water
- 5 leaves of Spinach
- 2 cups of cubed Watermelon
- 1 Banana
- 1 tablespoon of ground Flax Seeds
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 20 oz.
- Place all the ingredients in your smoothie machine (I recommend the NutriBullet if you’re on a budget or the Vitamix) or juicer (I recommend ‘slow’ juice appliances by Hurom, Omega or Breville).
- Feel free too play with the amounts of the ingredients for more or less sweetness.
- Bananas clog most juice machines so run all the other ingredients thru your juicer then put it and a banana thru your kitchen blender.